Gender Makeup: Male
Racial Makeup: White
Members display many white supremacist, neo-nazi characteristics and ideology,
but often state their goals as simply "getting high and getting over," or making their
stay in the prison as comfortable as possible.
* Members are ordinarily apolitical. Most are in custody for crimes such as robbery.
* Circle with 2 bolts.
* Initials "AC."
* Swastikas sitting sideways as a diamond with a circle in the center with the double bolts.
The chief rival of the Aryan Circle is the Aryan Brotherhood.
The Aryan Circle has traditionally nurtured a deep hatred toward black individuals and members of black groups/gangs, such as the:
Black Guerrilla Family (BGF)
* El Rukns
* Is known to give moral support to black groups in an
effort to encourage possible
* Utilizes black associates to buy and sell drugs to elements of the black prison population.
* Compatibles with most motorcycle gangs; many members were former "Bikers."
* Compatible with most white supremacy groups. This often
leads to confusion in
distinguishing AC members from other white supremacist groups, particularly when
making identification by their tattoos or symbols.
* Membership in the AC has traditionally come from white
* Lifelong allegiance is a requirement.
* A "Blood in, blood out" oath must be taken.
* Often a "hit" or significant act of violence is required before full membership is earned.
* Candidacy for membership may last a year or more.
Propensity for Disruptive Behavior:
* Aryan Circle is not readily recognizable; however,
receipt of inmates on interstate compact
and the current membership in groups with white supremacy ideology lend to the threat of
an organizing AC within our facilities.
* Main activities of the AC are centered on drug trafficking,
extortion, pressure rackets, and