Gender Makeup: Male
Racial Makeup: Mexican-American/ Hispanic
Origin: The TS originated in Folsom prison, in California in the early 70s.
It was established in direct response to the other California prison gangs (notably the Aryan Brotherhood and Mexican Mafia), which were attempting to prey on native Texas inmates.
* Membership is rising nationally due to recruitment.
* The TS now accepts members from Latin American countries such as Columbia, Cuba, and Mexico.
* They have made attempts to recruit in the Florida Department of Corrections.
* A TS member is called a "Carnal."
* A group of members is called "Carnales."
* A TS recruit is called a "Cardinal."
* The institutional leader is called the "Chairman."
* They have tattoos with a "TS" located somewhere in the design; sometimes requires close scrutiny.
* The tattoos are generally located on the back of the right forearm, but they have also been found on the outside calf areas, neck, and chest.
* Aryan Brotherhood
* La Nuestra Familia
* Mexican Mafia
* Mandingo Warriors
The TS has developed associations with the Texas Mafia and Dirty White Boys.
Propensity for Disruptive Behavior:
* There is some representation in the Florida Department of Corrections.
* The TS has been found to be recruiting.
* The history of the group and documented acts of violence in other jurisdictions warrant their certification as a Security Threat Group.
* Receipt of inmates on interstate compact and the current membership in groups with Hispanic and Latino supremacy ideology lend to the threat of an organizing TS within our facilities.
* The main activities of the TS are centered around drug trafficking, extortion, pressure rackets, and internal discipline.